Any software is created by several methodologies and programming codes put together. Application software gives life to the machines. But while making use of electrical equipment, we never think much about its internal working process. The software available these days are of two major types.
1. System software: The system software has been designed in a way in which it offers a common interface between the person who is using it and the hardware of the system.
2. Application Software: The application software is programmed in such a way that it is capable enough to assist the person in multi tasking. It assists in bringing solution to different problems, helps to customize ‘n’ number of graphics, texts as well as numbers.
Various types of application software are available in the market including entertainment software, infrastructure software, content management software and many more. There are specifically defined stages for the development of application software. The process of it is mentioned below.
- Defining the requirement: During this stage, the authorities of the company define the requirements of the client and plan out the design so that the product can be made accordingly. During this stage the budget and the deadlines of the project are also decided.
- Designing: The designing part is the heart and soul of any software. This is because the smooth working of the software depends on the quality of the design. The software is usually created and developed by the software developers based on the plan which is accepted by the client as well as the organization. There are times when the company hired for the software development fails to integrate the features that have been asked for. In these cases they have to invest in debugging.
- Testing the software: Testing is important to ensure that the system works smoothly and the programs developed are capable and efficient of working in any situation. During the testing process, the testers manipulate the programs to check if there are any loopholes.
- Putting the software into practice: When the application software development is done and it is void of any flaws, it is put into practice by the client. Even during this stage, if there are any errors in the system, they can be checked and corrected.
- Servicing: The firm providing application and software development should also be ready to provide regular servicing and maintenance to the clients whenever necessary. Customer support should also be provided by the hired firm so that the client queries and doubts can be cleared.